An iOS bug allows you to skip the iPhone lock screen without entering any code.
One might think that if you put a password on your iPhone, no one will be able to enter without knowing it; However, it is a concept that Apple has not yet fully controlled.
Another iOS bug leaves our device open to attackers
The YouTube channel iDeviceHelp has demonstrated this; During this week he has published videos in which he tells how it is possible to skip the iPhone lock screen.
The problem is the way in which iOS allows us to edit the contacts in a reply message; if we do it right, we can take advantage of it to bypass the blockade.
This trick doesn’t work for everyone the first time, but when it works it’s devastating for privacy; To take advantage of it we will need physical access to the mobile, so we will not be able to do it remotely.
The bug is present in all Apple systems, from iOS 8.0 to iOS 10.2, and works on both iPhone and iPad.
How is it possible to bypass iPhone lock screen
- First, we need the phone number of the device, although we can ask Siri that.
- We have to call the phone, either a normal call or with Facetime, to the blocked phone.
- On the locked phone, tap Messages and write a personalized reply message.
- We cut the call.
- On the locked phone, we have to activate Voice over text using Siri.
- Then comes the difficult.
- We must double click on the contact to which we are going to send the message (that is, our own phone) and hold it down.
- At the same time, we press any key on the keyboard.
- iOS at that time will believe that we want to edit the contact, and offer us access to the device. This information is normally inaccessible when the device is locked.
- The device is locked, but we can browse the saved photos, contacts and messages.
This may all sound familiar to you; It is because it is not the first time, much less that it is possible to skip the iPhone lock screen.
At the moment there is no update to fix this bug; so we recommend that never lose sight of your device if you don’t want its content to be accessible by anyone.