These very light programs are very simple, but they can make your day to day with the computer much easier and more comfortable.
At Omicrono we talk a lot about software: about programs that we consider useful and good. But sometimes we find some programs that are very useful but are too small and simple to dedicate an entire post to. We do not want to be left without mentioning them because we really believe that, although in most cases they are very basic applications, they are still very practical.
In addition, many of these programs are invisible, that is, you do not have to deliberately use them to do their job or integrate as if they were just another system option: you just have to install them and let them work. Most of them don’t even weigh 100 KB.
Very light and very useful programs
- Resize Enable is a program that allows you to resize windows that have resized blocked. We have tested it with various programs and it works with most of them.
- Audio Player is a super basic audio player that weighs only 64 KB. Ideal for occasional uses, but if you are going to use your player frequently, better look for a more complete alternative.
- Edge Blocker is a program to block Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 and thus prevent other applications from automatically launching it.
- Picture Watermarker is a photo editing application for adding watermarks, both in text form and with another overlay image.
- Backup Utility allows you to make an automatic save of all your data in a directory chosen by you. A very simple way to keep a backup of your data.
- With HoeKey you can customize your own keyboard shortcuts. Custom automation taken to the next level.
- Clipomatic It is one of those applications that you can not do without once you discover them. Basically, it’s a memory clipboard, which allows you to paste the penultimate thing you copied. That s, it only works with text.
- Everyone has ever regretted accidentally deleting a file that should not be deleted. Undelete allows you to undo that action.
- Minute Timer It is a simple ultra basic timer but, after all, it fulfills its function occupying only 39 KB.
- WindowPinner allows you to pin a window to the desktop, so that when you open others, they open in the background and the docked window remains superimposed.
- DirGraph is a tool that graphically shows how much each directory or folder occupies on your computer’s disk and allows you to navigate through it.
- DiskSpeedNamed after a show of creativity, it is a tool to check the speed at which your storage units transfer data. Ideal to help you identify the source of your computer’s performance problems.
- Dead Pixel Buddy is a program to find and try to repair dead pixels on your monitor.
- The tool that includes Windows to uninstall programs is quite inconvenient and ineffective. If you want to clean up installed programs, you will probably do it much faster with My Uninstaller.
- Surecrypt is a small, ultra-fast manual data encryption and decryption utility.
- Metapad It is a very basic text editor but enough for many. As they define themselves: Microsoft Notepad with some extra functions.
- The classic option to start programs with the system improves with Capster. A program that allows to establish the automatic start of applications with the system, but only if the Lock key. Shift. is activated (or vice versa).
- Startup Control Panel It is a more effective and advanced way of controlling which programs start with the system.
- Also related to automatic start: Startup Monitor It is a program that alerts you when a program activates its own automatic start without your permission. So you don’t have to close a lot of windows when you turn on your computer.
- CPUID It is the program that tells you everything about your processor: model, speed, cache and much more.
- Kill Disk It is an excellent tool for formatting storage drives and partitions. Use it carefully, don’t go deleting something you want to keep.
- Reso is a program that allows you to open with a keyboard shortcut a certain resolution. An excellent productivity tool.
- Volumouse It is an application that allows you to control the volume of your computer with the mouse wheel from various parameters that you previously defined.
- If you have ever found that you think they are the same and you have made a conscious assurance that there are no differences before deleting one of them, you should still appreciate a tool like FileCompare; a program that compares two folders or files from their binaries to see if they are the same or not.
- Although it is a feature included by default in Windows 10, if you have decided not to update you can use a slightly precarious but equally effective version of virtual desktops with Soft Bosskey.